Project Accountant Job Vacancies in Ghana at Keegan Resources Ghana Limited
Keegan Resources Inc. is a well-financed junior gold company run by a proven successful management team, with two premier gold assets in Ghana, West Africa. Keegan's flagship property, the Esaase gold deposit has become a world class as confirmed by the latest resource update performed in December, 2010.
The updated resource calculation indicates a 3.230 million ounce indicated and 1.680 million ounce inferred resource averaging 1.2 g/t and 1.0 g/t Au respectively; at a cutoff grade of 0.4 g/t Au (43-101 technical report). Development studies are underway that will enable the project to be brought quickly to production stage at the same time that ongoing surface exploration continues to successfully define exciting new targets.
Keegan's second project, the Asumura gold property, is located along one of Ghana's largest and most productive gold structures. Keegan has had previous success in drilling the property, including a reconnaissance drill intercept of 14 meters of 4.5 g/t gold drilled in 2008. In addition to follow-up on this intercept, Keegan is drilling several other targets defined by geophysics and auger drilling.
Keegan Resources (GH) Limited (KRGL) is an Exploration Company that is actively involved in gold exploration in Ghana and at the moment going through the development stages of its well advanced gold exploration project at Esaase involving environmental, community and engineering programs.
The Esaase project is an advanced exploration propertyin the Amansie West District near Kumasi, Ashanti Region, with ongoing exploration and development programs. More information on Keegan and the Esaase project can be found on www.keeganresources.com
Keegan Resources (GH) Limited is seeking applications for a qualified and experienced Project Accountant with a strong and practical knowledge of financial and cost accounting principles and standards for its Esaase Project.
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the successful candidate will be required to assist with the development and implementation of best practice financial accounting and cost reporting procedures in line with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and COSO requirements and guidelines.
This includes but is not limited to the specific tasks listed below:
- Taking charge of the financial accounting processes at the site with a focus on financial discipline and internal controls
- Assisting with the development of accounting procedures and best practices in the industry to enhance financial accountability and reporting
- Assisting in the development and implementation of an ERP system for mine operations
- Assist HR with the monitoring of timekeeping to ensure inputs into payroll are accurate
- Overseeing the timely processing of financial information in the accounting system and reviewing reconciliations on a timely basis
- Understand, interpret and apply relevant tax laws in all business transactions
- Control the site cash and ensure appropriate authorization has been received before disbursements are made
- Reviewing and assisting with the drafting of contracts for key suppliers and vendors
The job will be full time and based in Esaase but will require frequent travel to Accra
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration B-Comm or equivalents. Prior experience working with a mining company will be extremely advantageous
- Be at least an intermediate qualified member of an accountancy body (ACCA, CIMA, ICA) or equivalents
- Minimum +3 years of related mining experience, in the area of financial and cost reporting (preferably with an operating mine)
- Strong experience in managing subordinates and a focus on delivery of results within set deadlines and in compliance with IFRS accounting
- Strong analytical and project management skills and have the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
How To Apply
Submissions are being sought for applications (cover letter and curriculum vitae) from applicants who meet the following minimum criteria. Electronic applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing: 20th May, 2011